2018 Club Officers
Board of Directors
Club Goals and Objectives
- Encourage and promote the limited, responsible and discriminate breeding of Golden Retrievers that possess the soundness, natural abilities and temperament as described in the breed standard adopted by the Golden Retriever Club of America.
- To promote and advance interest in the breed by encouraging sportsmanlike behavior at all events including but not limited to: agility trials, dog shows, field events, tracking tests and obedience trials.
- Educate the public in the selection, care, training, breeding of Golden Retrievers and responsible dog ownership.
- Promote and support the efforts of local Golden Retriever rescue groups.
- Annual Specialty Weekend offering conformation, obedience, rally and sweepstakes.
- WC/WCX Tests (Working Certificate/Working Certificate Excellent) along with a "warm-up test" the day before.
- Certificate of Conformation Assessment is held once or twice a year.
- Quartely meetings held in conjuction with a social get together.
- Fun Days to relax and just have fun activities with our goldens.
Becoming A Member
Sandlapper Golden Retriever Club invites membership applications from all Golden Retriever enthusiasts whether or not they are involved in competitive events. Membership requires two club endorsements from members in good standing and is open to individuals 18 years or older or to households. Becoming a member means you will adhere to the:
Please download the Application and mail it to:
Denise Plemmons, Membership Secretary
20 Bethel Dr
Asheville, NC 28803
Dues are $25 a Household and $20 an Individual